Aboout the Project...
MPOWER Texas is an eCourse designed to educate high school and college guidance counselors about the need for, value of, and availability of Career and Technical Education pathways in Texas.
The primary goal is to convey a greater understanding of the role Career & Technical Education plays in leading graduates to high skill, high wage, high demand employment by providing business and industry a skilled and knowledgeable workforce.
Curriculum was largely developed by Education Service Center Region XII and Navarro College, with input from Career and Technical Professionals in secondary and higher education across Texas.
The eCourse is comprised of seven modules, covering a wide range of Career and Technical topics relevant to high school and college CTE counselors and advisors.
- Module 1: Purpose of Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Module 2: Components of CTE Programs
- Module 3: Identifying CTE Programs Available via the Local Community College
- Module 4: Advising CTE Students
- Module 5: Carl Perkins Career Center Services
- Module 6: Becoming a College Student
- Module 7: Becoming an Employee